How to Root & Unroot Xiaomi Redmi 2 Smartphone
Today easy tutorial on rooting xiaomi redmi 2 device. After an article on root redmi 1s, users requested an article on how to root redmi 2. So we have a step by step tutorial explaining the entire process of rooting redmi2 device. Xiaomi the Chinese based smartphone company which stepped in to Indian smartphone market and given their 100% mark success by introducing many budget smartphones with lot of specifications. Recently they launched Redmi 2 after the huge hit of Redmi 1s over the tight budget smartphones. You can check lollipop update for redmi 2
Redmi 2 has very well packed specifications with snapdragon 410,1GB Ram,8Gb Internal storage and processor with Qualcomn Snapdragon 410.Coming to the pro’s of the mobile it have good screen, great battery life and comes with LTE support. If you are not satisfied with the interface and other software UI we can root the phone and shift the Android version to the new updated one.
- While rooting any smartphone we have to check whether it has 60-100% charging if not charge your phone.
- Before rooting once check the complete phone details settings->About Phone->Tap on MIUI version more times.
- Enable USB debugging by Settings->Additional Settings->Developer Options->Click on USB debugging.
- We need to download some group of files we are providing those files in a Zip folder Click here to download here.
Flashing CWM Recovery-
- After downloading the Zip files unzip them and MIPhone application over there.
- From the rooting kit copy the recovery.img file and paste them in the following destination C Drive->Program files->(x86)->Xiaomi->Miphone->Google->Android.
- While pressing the shift key, right click and then Click on “Open command window here.
- Get your phone in to fastboot mode by Turing off your phone and when it is done, press and hold ‘Volume down’ and ‘Power Button’ all together.
- After completing all the above process complete your phone to the computer with USB cable.
- Now run the following commands given below.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- When you execute the first command, there displays a name for the device which indicates the process is fine.
- Second command flashes CMW recovery onto your phone.
Check whether all the above points are perfectly followed or not then disconnect your phone with the computer and recharge your phone battery for the actual rooting process.
- Now this rooting technique involves flashing SuperSu file using that custom recovery.
- We need to start CWM recovery in your phone to do this we need to boot the phone by Turing off your phone and when it is done, press and hold ‘Volume down’ and ‘Power Button’ all together to boot into CWM recovery.
- Now in the boot mode they are some options to follow which Volume Up and Down Buttons are used to scroll Up and Down options and to select the highlighted option use the Power button.
- Move to the Install Zip option with volume buttons and select it. Then select the SuperSu zip file by selecting choose zip from /sdcard next select ‘o/’.
- After getting the SuperSu file select the Yes-install the zip option and confirm to flash.
- Now wait for sometime till flashing completes then restart your mobile here now you’ve successfully rooted your Xiaomi Redmi2.
read: How to update xiaomi redmi 1s to kitkat
Conclusion: Rooting your redmi 2 gives you some super users powers. Its upto you to find whether its gonna help you or not. Questions like does rooting removes warranty…? The answer is still an mystery and you should contact near local Mi redmi services in your city and ask them.