Meet Robin — your personal eyes-free assistant on the road!
Need assistance while driving, so you can keep your eyes on the road? Need quick answers, without getting bogged down in your phone? That’s what Robin is all about.
CNET says: “…Siri has breadth, but Robin has depth” !
You can ask Robin for directions, local places, real-time parking, traffic, gas prices, weather, reminders, your Twitter news, Yelp review snippets and much more. While still a student, Robin is already trained to understand questions and commands in these domains, and she’s constantly learning and adapting to you. She can be both useful and fun, and she’ll call you whatever names you want! Just tap the microphone button, and Robin will be all ears. Even after handing it over to other apps, Robin is still there for you – just “wave hello” twice in front of the upper edge of your phone (or brush/tap it lightly).
• Robin is currently in Beta, meaning that it’s not perfect yet. But that also means that you can watch her intelligence evolve day after day, and even get to contribute to get upbringing a little. Come be a part of the experience!
• Gesture activation: normally, you just need to wave your hand twice close to the top edge of your phone. For best results, we recommend using the “double-brush” gesture, where your hand actually touches the phone lightly. Certain devices require specific tuning – we are working down the list as we speak.
• Having trouble with a particular location? Missing point of interest? Any issue at all? Rather than just putting it in a review, give your feedback to Robin right from within the app – then we’ll have more information to actually fix the issue ASAP. See what people say about our speed to address reported issues. Soon, Robin will use to understand your spoken feedback directly, too!
Examples of useful commands
• Where is the nearest Macy’s?… Can I park there?
• Find Thai restaurants in SF… How about French?
• I feel like some ice cream!
• Find a burger place … Does it have a good rating?
• Where can I park?
• Find cheapest parking around Union Square
• Next one / what else?
• Anything closer/cheaper?
• Can I reserve it?.. Let’s go there!
• Go to 1234 Lombard San Francisco
• Get me to Getty Museum
• Directions to Hollywood and Highland
• How is the traffic?
• What is the traffic like near Hollywood?
• Where is the cheapest gas in Santa Monica?
• What’s the weather like in San Diego tomorrow?
• Is it snowing in Moscow?
• Read my Twitter feed
• Play some more
• Remind me to exercise tonight!
• What can you do?
• I need some words of wisdom
• Tell me a joke
Compare to Siri, Nuance, Dragon Go, Vlingo, Evi, Voice Actions, VoiceSearch, SpeakToIt, Iris, Skyvi and other voice control applications.